I absolutely LOVE Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. My problem is that I could never cook either one of them properly. I like creamy mashed potatoes and a smooth gravy with no clumps. I perfected this Simple Chicken Gravy Recipe years ago, but could never get the Mashed Potatoes just right… until recently. Wanna see how my potatoes turned out? Check out my Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe!
I paired my Mashed Potatoes and Chicken Gravy with some cajun broiled chicken. It was soooo yummy! Here is the recipe for that: Cajun Chicken with Pomegranate-Mango Chipotle Sauce.
Simple Chicken Gravy Recipe
Recipe type: Gravy
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 5 to 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- In a medium size saute pan, melt the butter
- Add flour and mix well to make a rue **Hint** You will know that the rue is complete when it is a similar texture to play-doh or once the butter stops picking up the flour.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth
- Bring to a boil and continue whisking until all of your rue is absorbed into the broth
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often
- Simmer until the gravy has thickened **Hint** You will know that the gravy is done when the boiling bubbles begin to slow down
- Add salt and pepper to taste